DATE UPDATED : 12 November 2021
COMPATIBILITY : Joomla 4.x Joomla 3.x
INCLUDES : Module
In Europe there is a new law coming into effect that governs how cookies can be used on websites. Essential cookies, such as ones used in shopping carts, are fine however if you use any form of non-essential cookie on your website you must first gain permission before activating those non-essential cookies.
For example, if your website uses any form of analytical tracking such as Google Analytics or ad scripts like Google AdSense you will need to gain consent from the user before tracking them. While this is somewhat up in the air at the moment, with no-one really knowing what is allowed and what is not, it’s best to be on the safe side as there are potentially hefty fines for website owners who do not adhere to the law.
For a detailed overview of the law and for further guidance, you can visit http://www.cookielaw.org
- Slide Down Banner Notice on your Website Top Area.
- Europe only Option available.
- Small Notice Line and Bubble Big message Area.
- Custom Small Notice Line And bubble Message Changing options.
- Slide away upon agreement.
- Both Button Text Change Options.
- Code example of usage (only save cookies if user has agreed).